Table of Contents
Mingyu Wu (吴明瑜)
I am now an assistant professor in School of Software, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU). I received my Ph.D. degree in computer science from SJTU in 2020, advised by Prof. Haibo Chen. My research mainly focuses on retrofitting high-level language runtimes for various scenarios, such as data analytics, interactive services, and mobile devices.
I am looking for self-motivated students interested in building high-performance and reliable runtime systems. Drop me an E-mail if you want to join us!
- [USENIX ATC] Zero-Change Object Transmission for Distributed Big Data Analytics. Mingyu Wu, Shuaiwei Wang, Haibo Chen, Binyu Zang. USENIX Annual Technical Conference, Carlsbad, CA, USA, July 2022.
- [VEE] Transparent and Lightweight Object Placement for Managed Workloads atop Hybrid Memories. Zhe Li, Mingyu Wu. The 18th ACM SIGPLAN/SIGOPS International Conference on Virtual Execution Environments, Lausanne, Switzerland, March 2022.
- [EuroSys] Bridging the Performance Gap for Copy-based Garbage Collectors atop Non-Volatile Memory. Yanfei Yang, Mingyu Wu, Haibo Chen, Binyu Zang. Sixteenth European Conference on Computer Systems, Online Event, United Kingdom, April 26-28, 2021.
- [USENIX ATC] Platinum: A CPU-Efficient Concurrent Garbage Collector for Tail-Reduction of Interactive Services. Mingyu Wu, Ziming Zhao, Yanfei Yang, Haoyu Li, Haibo Chen, Binyu Zang, Haibing Guan, Sanhong Li, Chuansheng Lu, Tongbao Zhang. USENIX Annual Technical Conference, Boston, MA, USA, July 2020.
- [VEE] GCPersist: An Efficient GC-assisted Lazy Persistency Framework for Resilient Java Applications on NVM. Mingyu Wu, Haibo Chen, Hao Zhu, Binyu Zang, Haibing Guan, The 16th ACM SIGPLAN/SIGOPS International Conference on Virtual Execution Environments, Lausanne, Switzerland, March 2020.
- [VEE] ScissorGC: Scalable and Efficient Compaction for Java Full Garbage Collection. Haoyu Li, Mingyu Wu, Binyu Zang, and Haibo Chen. Proceedings of ACM SIGPLAN/SIGOPS International Conference on Virtual Execution Environments (VEE), 2019
- [APSys] Analysis and Optimization of Java Full Garbage Collection. Haoyu Li, Mingyu Wu, and Haibo Chen. The 9th ACM SIGOPS Asia-Pacific Workshop on Systems, Jeju Island, South Korea, August 2018 (Best Paper Runner-up).
- [SOSE] DwarfGC: A Space-Efficient and Crash-Consistent Garbage Collector in NVM for Cloud Computing. Heting Li, and Mingyu Wu, IEEE Symposium on Service-Oriented System Engineering, Bamberg, Germany, March 2018.
- [ASPLOS] Espresso: Brewing Java For More Non-Volatility with Non-volatile Memory. Mingyu Wu, Ziming Zhao, Haoyu Li, Heting Li, Haibo Chen, Binyu Zang, and Haibing Guan. The 23rd ACM International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems, Williamsburg, VA, USA, March 2018.
- [PPoPP] POSTER: Recovering Performance for Vector-based Machine Learning on Managed Runtime. Mingyu Wu, Haibing Guan, Binyu Zang, Haibo Chen. Proceedings of the 22nd ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming. ACM, 2017.
Students (advised or co-advised)
- Ziming Zhao
- Xinrui Li
- Jinze Si
- Jiawei Tang
- Zhe Li
- Haodi Ji
- Peidong Chen
- Shuchang Liu
- Zhenyu Yang
- Shuaiwei Wang
- Yanfei Yang
- Haoyu Li